Friday, February 22, 2008

"The greatest hoax ever played on the internet..."

I absolutely love this quote from Russell Beattie's blog:

"The greatest hoax ever played on the Internet is the idea that Google's growth was somehow "natural" or "viral", and that the strength of their search results alone is what propelled them to their insane 70% market share."

Whether you believe it or not (& I'm a hard core Google fan as a consumer - I always use Google for my personal searching, and clearly this blog is also adding to their page impressions), it's a fantastic piece of writing, continuing with:

"They're doing it again in mobile, and no one seems to be noticing. The first thing I thought of when I read that Google is getting 50x more search traffic from the iPhone than any other phone is "Wow, that default iPhone search deal they made with Apple is really paying off.""

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails